Professional Web Design
the past few years there has been a growing demand for
learning topics related to the Internet either from
beginner-type to advanced Web Design courses, E-commerce
courses, Dynamic PHP and ASP Programming and Web-oriented
We also realised that mastering a design tool does not ensure the website success. It depends on various factors and involves different areas such as design, marketing, search engine positioning, administration and management. The correct interplay between these areas the keystone for a successful website.
Therefore, we understood it was necessary to get all this knowledge together into one technical course in which students could learn all the basics for website design and meet all the current market requirements: an excellent design, interactivity, a dynamic process and usability.
Professional Web Design Course Main Goal
This course goal is to train professionals capable of carrying out successful projects on the Internet. The student will be able to create, manage and promote websites.
- The course is set to the student’s pace, PC hardware availability and background knowledge.
- The lessons and exercises are downloaded from our website by a username and a password.
- Once the course has started, a teacher is assigned to the student who will go over the topics, correct his/her exercises, and answer his/her questions.
- The student can take lessons at any time of the day and on any weekday. It is not necessary to be online at any specific time.
- Each lesson has related topic exercises.
- The student has to devote at least one-hour time a day(relatively) to study the lesson and do the exercises.
- During the course, the student can participate in real-time teleconferences to clear up any doubts or queries on line (not compulsory).
Program length: 12 months (10-month intensive mode)
Who could take this course ?
People with computer basic knowledge (e-mail software and Internet browser operation skills).
The course is divided into three major subjects: Web Design I and II, Internet Marketing and Management I and II, Web Programming I and II, plus the essential theoretical material.
Current status and future prospects.
Different websites types. Web 1.0 and Web 2.0.
Websites examples for different company types.
Web Design I
Introduction to Web design for the Internet.
Differences from traditional Graphic Design.
Convergence of both techniques.
Website-applied graphic design tools. Image types.
- Creating HTML pages with source code. Introduction to HTML language. Hyperlinks creation, image insertions, layout composition, animated images and audio clips insertions.
- Browser design: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, etc. Similarities and differences. Other browsers. Mobile Internet.
- Creating tables, hyperlinks fonts and colour.
- Creating maps. Designing interactive visitors’ forms to fill in with comments or personal information.
- Hosting: placing files on a web server.
- Basic animation: Gif animations. What is animation? Frame and delay (frame delay) concepts.
- How to insert animations onto a web page. Scrolling texts.
- Web site access statistics.
Learn about the number of visitors to your website. What is a Hit? What is Page view?
Unique and returning visitors.
- Information and layout organization. Different ways of organising information on a website.
- Website speed access and friendly design compatibility.
- Different development languages types on the Internet.
- PHP. Essentials.
- Information request, search and output.
- Web page code insertion. Syntax and control structures.
transference between forms or dynamic pages.
- Databases access with PHP/MySql. Key commands for record request and edition.
- Form management with PHP. Sending e-mails from forms.
- Executing student-created routines on appropriate servers.
- ASP and PHP systems: a comparison of both.
- Exercises and projects.
Subject goal: Learn about all the possibilities offered by the Internet as a new promoting and selling tool.
- What is Internet? A new media and a new society type in the 21st century.
- The website: a starting point to be online. Forms and visitors records. A website traffic case study. Website indexing in major search engines such as Google, MSN, Yahoo, etc. How to make your visitors come back.
Marketing: The e-mail as a powerful client-oriented
communication tool. Effective Mailing. Automatic
response messages to answer quicker than the
competition and reduce wasting time when replying
hundreds of e-mails.
- How to publish a newsletter. Focus on the topic as a starting point. How to manage the topic.
- Virtual communities. The rise of YouTube, Facebook, etc. Blogs.
Web Design II
- Professional website building.
a web page with Dreamweaver:
Translating HTML pages created in Dreamweaver.
How to insert a table in a worksheet.
Inserting images into worksheets and tables with different border styles.
site optimization. Web
How to make a website fast and easily accessible. What size should a website be? Search engine indexing. Google and its indexing criteria.
Using the FTP protocol and associated programs to it.
- Macromedia Flash
Development interface description.
Creating a simple animation. Guided animation.
Colour change animations and Motion Tweening.
How to insert sound clips.
Layers: utility found in handling layers.
Sample outines. Websites where you can get routines for your website.
Routines to display the current date, menus, text sliders, image sliders, etc.
Different image formats: gif, jpg, bmp, png and others.
Using an image editor software.
Options: image size, backups, export to GIF 89.
How to create buttons and amazing effects using Photoshop.
Introduction to ASP. Essentials.
- Database access using HTML. Information request, information search and information output.
- Code to insert on web pages. Code executed by a web server. Variables transference between forms or ASP pages.
- VBScript. VBscript routines to access information.
- ODBC: Database Access using ODBC Driver. Key commands for records request and edition.
- ASP forms management. Sending e-mails from forms.
- Executing student-created routines on appropriate servers.
- E-Commerce. E-Commerce web site development. How to achieve a profitable website. How to calculate website profits. Case study.
- Legal aspects of E-commerce. International standards.
- How to scheme a business plan for bringing a company to life online.
- E-Commerce: current situation; Case study.
- Virtual communities development.
- CRM: Customer Relationship Management. Marketing latest trends and huge Internet prospects.
- Internet for Small Business: an ideal way to increase sales.
- Final project assignment: planning, making a pilot and developing an online marketing campaign.
In addition to the goals above, the student must know about the team structure organization of those who are responsible for a website (design architect, strategy consultant, content director, design director, programming director, administrator or webmaster, marketing manager, interactive advertising agency. Go further into the learning about content selling, online shop structure. This includes knowledge of business and management models (website control and profitability).
course is powered by Posicionamiento-eficaz.com, a
company focused on website indexing on
major Internet searching engines. The
company’s indexing services allow a well-designed
website be at the top of the results in
search engines like Google, for example.
The student will get a two-month free
subscription for his/her designed website
to be easily searched by prospect clients.
sort of service is essential when starting
as a web designer, or if you are already
one, so you can offer web designs with
a high added value.
12 months or 10 months in intensive mode (3 hours approx. Daily).
Modules on Design:
Professor Sergio Ramos. Graphic Designer. Website and multimedia design expert.
Luciano Moreno. Web designer and programmer.
Mr Mario Spinelli. Web designer. PC and MAC environments web designer.
Ms. Mariana Maiorano. Graphic designer. Website expert.
on Internet Marketing:
Professor Mario Cuadro. Marketing Consultant.
Mr. Darío Mena. ASP and PHP applications programmer.
Mr. Francisco Segura. Online Marketing consultant.
Professional Web Designer.
Degree homologated by Red21 subsidiaries in
Spain, Mexico, Colombia, Argentinaand under the non-formal teaching regulations. Uruguay
Level: Master or expert.
Ask the conditions of registration and tuition from our inquiry form.